If you’re a regular reader of this blog you may well know that I always promote self-planned travel over pre-booked tours. But sometimes circumstances make it hard to self-plan everything. This particularly happens when the destination we are travelling to feels overwhelming, or the group size is too big for us to handle all.
I remember when I planned a trip to Dharamshala with my family last year, I was looking for travel agents in Delhi too. Though I had been to Dharamshala before and knew almost everything about the place, I still booked a packaged tour.
This was for two reasons. One that we were a group of 12 people, and making sure everything goes perfect for everyone was a bit of a challenge. And two, I wanted to spend more time enjoying the holiday with the family than troubling myself looking after logistics.
So yea, sometimes, even people like me (who would take her mother to Char Dham Yatra on a backpacking trip than on prepaid tour) have to look for tourist companies and travel agents in Delhi and other places we travel to book a holiday.
But choosing the best company among the lot can be hard.
If you’re someone living in or around Delhi and are looking for a tour and travel agency, here’s a list of 5 best companies.
Best Travel Agents In Delhi
Founded in 2016, UnTravel offers highly customisable and differentiated holidays for discerning travellers. Pick out experiences that excite you. Stay at places that are truly unique. And chart out every day, at your pace, on your terms.
A fascinating group of entrepreneurs, industry veterans, conservationists and tech geeks, UnTravel’s team accounts for in-depth knowledge of each destination. They design unique itineraries based on past experiences, having literally been there, done that themselves. The passionate team of travellers they have is what makes them one of the top travel agents in Delhi.
What I Love About Them
- Their focus on sustainable tourism.
- They focus on locations that are not traditional tourist destinations but increasing in popularity and thus promote offbeat tourism — destinations that are perceived as complicated to plan independently, less commoditised and more experiential in nature.
- They work solely with local vendors which help in community upliftment and encourage activities that do not leave a negative impact on the environment.
- They provide 24X7 ground support in destinations by employing local customer service executives. This helps to cut out the middleman and customer issues can be resolved instantly.
“We believe that sustainable tourism is the only way forward and hence we make all efforts to work with the local community to minimise our carbon footprint and encourage slow holidays” believes team UnTravel.
I have personally used and thus recommend the travel agents in Delhi that are mentioned in this blog. The list will have more inclusions as I will experience a few more of them.
If you are planning a trip on your own, however, you may be interested in giving the following related articles a read:
- Places to see in under 250 and 1000km from Delhi
- Best backpacker hostels to stay in Delhi
- How to see Delhi on your own
Ghum India Ghum
Ghum India Ghum is organising tours since 2014 and caters to both Indian and international guests. On their website, Ghum India Ghum is offering more than 300 tour packages, all of which are customisable.
One of the major highlights of their tours is the inclusion of local experience. For example, their Indian Golden triangle tour, other than covering the destinations, cover local experience by staying in villages and learning about the local way of life.
What I Love About Them
- Endorsing local experience over mainstream experiences.
- They provide 24X7 ground support during the tour by employing a fairly big-size inhouse team. Having said that, trust on a team that’s looking after you back home is one of the reasons why Ghum Indian Ghum is one of the recommended tour and travel agents in Delhi.
- Their theme-based tours like Yoga Tours and Festival Tours. An interesting tour package that the company offers is the Hollywood Movie Theme Package where they offer tours of the exact shooting locations of the films.
“Our main motto is that our client should visit any place, not like a tourist but as a local. We always tie-up with good professional local teams, who can show some offbeat places to our guests which are rarely mentioned on the internet so that when going back they return with a ton of unforgettable memories and a lot of stories to share with their loved one. Best Part about Ghum India Ghum is we are always in contact with our guests throughout the tour” says team Ghum India Ghum.
Swastik Holiday is working since 2014 with a keen focus on affordability. The company Swastik Holiday is a team of 10 members who take care right from client enquiry to bookings, promotions of the various packages etc.
While affordable touring has been their vision the company also offers Luxury stays across various locations in India and Abroad. The company caters to both Domestic and International clientele.
Some of the domestic destinations Swastik Holiday covers include Rajasthan, Andaman, Kashmir, Goa, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh and more. International destinations include Australia, Africa, New Zealand, Dubai, Mongolia and Malaysia, among others.
What I Love About Them
- They claim to offer discounts to repeated customers.
- Offbeat experiences like Agriculture tours, village stays etc.
- Despite being a traditional travel agency, they include tours that are mostly prefered by Millenials including Spiti valley, Chopta Adventure trek, and Hampi.
“Client Safety is our utmost priority and we choose to place our clients only in secured hotels. The drivers provided during the tours are being roped in only after doing a background check,” says team Swastik Holiday.
Functioning since 2016, Flip Trip is known for their customised tours across India – particularly in North India, including Delhi, Jammu and Leh Ladakh.
The company deals in airline ticketing, car & coach rental, hotel booking as well as complete end-to-end travel itineraries. Other than personal tour packages, Flip Trip’s keen focus lies in corporate and school/university group tours.
What I Love About Them
- 24X7 ground support during the tour.
- Highly satisfied feedback from the customers (that you can even check on their website).
“Our vision is to provide you with an incredible holiday experience around the world and in India to make your holiday a memorable one. Plan your next destination with Flip Trip and explore the best holiday destinations around the world,” team Flip Trip.
I have personally used all the above-mentioned travel agents in Delhi. The list will have more inclusions as I will experience a few more of them. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, please share in the comments below.
I always like to travel and thanks for this information’s because I also visit this place such a lovely place and i took tour package from lotus india Holiday and they provide such an outstanding facility at a reasonable price. I would like to suggest for visit lotus india holiday and enjoy your vacation.
Great experience !! it was value for money trip driver was planned and executed very well. pick up n drops on time, hotel near by beach side. everything so organized that I didn’t had to worry for a second on this trip.